- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 1/4 cups dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup goji berries (or raw cacao nibs or other chunky superfood substitute) (reserve)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (or chia seeds in a pinch) (reserveD)
- 1. Place sunflower seeds in food processor. Process into a fine meal, might be slightly grainy.
- 2. Add cashews and continue to process into a fine meal.
- 3. Add dates a few at a time and continue processing until the dates are well processed and the mixture resembles a coarse cookie dough. You should barely be able to recognize the dates or seeds/nuts, everything should look small and crumbly.
- 4. Add the cacao, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt, and the tiny dash of cayenne pepper. Process again until everything is well distributed and fine. The cacao should have made everything look dark chocolatey color, and the mixture should still resemble slightly crumbly cookie dough and should stick together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- 5. Dump mixture into a big mixing bowl. Add the goji berries, hemp hearts. Mix with a spoon until superfoods are well distributed. Taste test. Not sweet enough? Add optional sweetener and mix again with your spoon.
- 6. Dump superfood brownie mixture into two square glass pans or pie plates or brownie dishes.
- 7. With clean hands. press mixture down into pans so that mixture will stick together and will resemble brownies or squares.
- 8. Ideally, you will now refrigerate them right away for at least an hour minimum. (This will make them easier to slice.)
- 9. Enjoy these raw superfood brownies!